Sunday, September 7, 2014

Red Day Tomorrow!

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you are enjoying the weekend!

I am really looking forward to this upcoming week at school. We are going to start digging in and launching reader's workshop, writer's workshop, and math. Last week, we continued discussing classroom behavior, established more classroom routines, and completed some mandatory math and reading assessments to help me get to know your child better as a learner. We discussed what it means to be a good listener and practiced how to turn and talk to a partner.


We also did a lot of work with our names. After discussing what a "word" is and determining that every word must have a vowel, we did some work centered around the vowels in our own name. We also charted how many letters our names have in all. 



I am very excited for us to start our color unit this week. Don't forget tomorrow is red day! Please remind your first grader to wear something red if he/she wants to. I am going to go through the picture forms tonight too so that I can start getting some pictures up of the kids in action this week! If you haven't done so, please return the picture form to me as soon as possible. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment